[cl-wiki-devel] Static files (CSS, logos, ...)

Stefan Scholl sscholl at common-lisp.net
Mon Nov 14 14:42:57 UTC 2005

In what way would you serve static files with CL-WIKI?

A template could contain references to external CSS and a logo.
CL-WIKI should be able to handle this with the stand-alone mode
of TBNL, too. So you can't say "leave it to Apache/the proxy".

One way I can think of is to specify all URL parts and files in a
list in the config file. Together with the MIME type, of course.

Or just configure a prefix for all static files.

All possible solutions lead to some URLs which can't be used for
page names any more. So I'd like to ask you what you think of
this:

Everything with a leading underscore "_" is treated special with
CL-WIKI. All URLs which end in "/_static/<filename>" will serve
the file <filename>.

Without configuring anything. There's a directory _static in the
base directory of the WIKI.