[cl-who-devel] New release 0.8.0 (Was: html empty tags)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Apr 27 09:42:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 22:19:36 -0700, "Mac Chan" <emailmac at gmail.com> wrote:

> As you probably know, there are certain html tags that will break
> the browser's rendering if they are not paired up properly with a
> close tag </tag> even if it's content is empty.
>
> For example, <textarea> and <script> (ie)
>
> Well today I'm bitten by this, where <div id='header' /> messes up
> firefox's rendering coupled with some css rules.
>
> Even though I'm awared of how to get around it, sometimes it's
> rather hard to spot that with a sea of nested (:div (:div ...)).
>
> This is also a recurring problem for newbie and there were a few
> threads regarding this.
>
> Attach is a patch to fix this.

Thanks, that's quite useful.  I've incorporated it into the new
release.

However, I think the actual test you had in who.lisp is not quite what
you meant.  Please check if my modification is OK.  You also forgot to
export the new symbols... :)

> I'm not sure if anyone is using cl-who to generate XML.

I'm pretty sure some people do.  I also did it a couple of times.

Thanks,
Edi.