[cl-who-devel] setting *attribute-quote-char*

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Mar 20 15:30:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:28:31 -0500, Austin Haas <austin at pettomato.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I meant my system, which requires CL-WHO.
>
> I have this in the main component file of my system:
>
> [...]
>
> After the server starts, if I hit the test.l page, I will see that
> the prologue is still 'strict' and the *attribute-quote-char* is
> still #\'. If I reevaluate test-handler, then it will take the new
> values that I set above.

Yeah, that's a matter of macro expansion time vs. compile time
vs. load time.  Wrap the SETQs with EVAL-WHEN or (better) put them
into a file that is LOADed before your functions (using CL-WHO macros)
are compiled.

  <http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/03_b.htm>
  <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/macros-defining-your-own.html>

HTH,