[cl-who-announce] My open source libraries (aka "ediware")

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Aug 31 15:11:30 UTC 2011

[My apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email.]

Hi everybody!

As some of you will know, I'll start on a new job tomorrow.  This new
job won't involve much hacking, if at all, and thus it doesn't look
like I'll have a lot of time to maintain my open source libraries in
the near future.  I have no plans to suddenly disappear from the CL
world, but don't expect new releases of any of my libs any time soon.
(At least none published by me or on my server.)

Luckily, Hans Hübner - who already did most of the maintenance and
development work for Hunchentoot in the last two years or so - offered
to coordinate further development via github.  See his full
announcement at
<http://netzhansa.blogspot.com/2011/08/ediware-moving-to-github.html>.

I'll continue to read the mailing lists for my libs and I'm still
interested in fixing bugs you might find in the release tarballs
available on my web server.  However, I will likely not bother to
discuss or work on new features or compatibility code for
implementations other than LispWorks (which happens to be the one I'm
using).

Lastly, I hope to see a lot of you in Amsterdam
<http://weitz.de/eclm2011/> in October.  The number of registrations
so far has been pretty disappointing, but you still have three weeks
left to change your mind... :)

Take care,
Edi.