[cl-wav-synth-devel] newbie question

Lui Fungsin fungsin.lui at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 07:21:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just finished watching cl-wav-synth demo tutorial, it's way cool!

I see that this is a new project and not much traffic here, so I hope
that you guys wouldn't mind a dumb question.

I'm clueless with audio and wav file format, etc.
However, there's a simple task that I want to try my hands on with the
cl-wav-synth library.

Here're two sound files for some chinese words. Some word has more
than one pronounciation (like the first file below) while most of the
others only have one.

http://209.172.124.170/pub/two_tone.wav
http://209.172.124.170/pub/single_tone.wav

Is it possible to programmically detect if there's a voice uttered at
the beginning of a wav file, then some short period of silence, and
then another voice uttered.

If this is the case, I want to split that into two files (break at the
silence). Otherwise I can just leave it alone.

If this can be done I'd greatly appreciate if someone can briefly
describe the procedure, or can point me to a right direction (url to
read, etc).

Many thanks.
fungsin