[cl-typesetting-devel] Calling functions within 'compile-text'

Jonathon McKitrick jmckitrick at reedlarkeygroup.com
Sat Feb 24 15:14:04 UTC 2007

Question: if I am building a rather large document and the code within
'compile-text' is becoming long and unwieldy, is there a way that I can
break this into functions whose results are returned and appended to the
content compile-text is building?  Until now, I've been using function
calls inside a with-document block and each function calls with-page.  But
since I've moved to more of a typesetting approach, the entire document is
build inside compile-text, and it's becoming a very long, involved piece
of code.

Is there a simple way to call functions within compile-text such that each
will add content by accessing the lexical environment being built within
the compile-text block and without having to be a macro ?

--
Jonathon McKitrick
Reed Larkey Group