[cl-typesetting-devel] Fwd: top-level misuses defconstant

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:30:15 UTC 2005

In cl-typesetting-current, top-level.lisp uses defconstant to define a
list, which is non-conformant to ANSI CL, and which SBCL refuses to
compile unless you force non-conformant behaviour. The defconstant
+paper-sizes+ should be a defvar, or a defconstant*, where
defconstant* is defined to be defconstant on those implementations
that support it, or defvar on others, or defconstant wrapped in
something proper in SBCL.

http://www.sbcl.org/manual/Defining-Constants.html

In a five year period we can get one superb programming language.
Only we can't control when the five year period will begin. -- Alan Perlis