[cl-typesetting-devel] A couple of bugs?

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Wed Oct 13 17:24:38 UTC 2004

I just managed to install cl-typesetting on CMUCL 19/Linux/x86, and
had to overcome a couple of difficulties to succeed:

1) In boxes.lisp, the generic function

  (defgeneric v-split ((box v-mode-mixin) dx dy)
   ;;; Split a v-mode box vertically into two parts
    ;; Args: dx - area width, dy - area height
    ;; Values: box-fitted, box-left, dy-left
   (:method (box dx dy)
    (declare (ignore dx))
    (if (> (dy box) dy)
        (values nil box dy)
        (values box nil (- dy (dy box))))))

should reasonably look like this

  (defgeneric v-split (box dx dy)
   ;;; Split a v-mode box vertically into two parts
    ;; Args: dx - area width, dy - area height
    ;; Values: box-fitted, box-left, dy-left
   (:method ((box v-mode-mixin) dx dy)
    (declare (ignore dx))
    (if (> (dy box) dy)
        (values nil box dy)
        (values box nil (- dy (dy box))))))

Ie the argument specialization is moved from the GF lambda list down
to the method lambda list.

2) The file iterate/iterate.lisp in cl-pdf is stored in DOS format,
   which breaks the format invocation at line 737ff. I had to convert
   it to Unix format.

Björn