[cl-typesetting-devel] Page n of m?

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Fri Oct 1 08:31:39 UTC 2004

Marc Battyani wrote:
> Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:
> >
> > Okay, that makes sense. So is my workaround the Right Way or a nasty
> > kludge?
>
> You really want to know ? ;-)
>
> I will have a deeper look at all this tomorow.

I've looked at it. the reason why it worked well for me and not for you was
because I used the reference in the text while you were using it only in the
footer. It turn out that the footer can be called in a rather out of order
way relative to the normal flow of the text (at stroking time). So the right
way is to add a located-p to the ref class as a ref can be defined but not
yet located when it is seen from a footer.
I hope I'm clear enough. Anyway now Bob' example works.

The new version is on the repositories.(get cl-pdf also)
Please tell me if this works in your case now.

Another nice stuff related to references is the contextual variables. Have
you looked at it ?

Marc