[cl-typesetting-devel] Tables repeat.

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Mon May 17 21:54:41 UTC 2004

Erik Enge wrote:

> Funny thing is happening.  I'm using draw-page
>
> (defun draw-page (content &key (width *letter-width*) (height
> *letter-height*))
>    (let ((x 0)
>          (y height)
>          (dx width)
>          (dy height))
>      (loop while (typeset::boxes content) do
>            (pdf:with-page ()
>              (pdf:with-saved-state
>                (pdf:translate x y)
>                (let ((box (typeset::make-filled-vbox content dx dy)))
>                  (when box
>                    (typeset::stroke box 0 0))))))))
>
> to make my document.  It's basically a few paragraphs at top and then
> one
> big table (four or five pages long).  Here's what's happening: the
> document
> is only three pages long and page 1 is repeated on page 3 (minus the
> paragraph parts; only the table is repeated) and then the document ends.
>
> Anything I can do to debug this?  I'm using the :splittable-p 1 :inline
> arguments to the table operator as suggested.

It looks like the table splitting is broken. IIRC I mentionned this in the
last emails on the subject.
I want to find some time to look at all this but it's very very unlikely
before the end of the month. :(

Why don't you use one table per row for now ? This is what I do in my web
applications as I have not yet converted them to splittable tables.
Splittable tables are better but at least this works now.

Marc