[cl-typesetting-devel] Non-macro interface to building documents.

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Mon Feb 16 23:04:59 UTC 2004

"Peter Seibel" <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:
> "Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> writes:
>

> > Warning: the table are not multi-page so far. So you should use a
> > table for each row if you don't want to have problems when the table
> > height exceed the draw-block height.
>
> So it seems that when a table is too big to fit in a page the
> typesetting engine gets stuck in a loop, allocating more and more
> memory. Unless someone's got a multi-page-table patch waiting in the
> wings it might be nice to at least detect that condition and emit a
> warning, giving up on the table?

When an object is too big to fit in the rest of the page, cl-typesetting
goes to the next page. If it can't fit the object in the new page it should
signal an error "could not fit anything". I will look at this. My emptiness
test is probably not good enough.

The easy work around is to make one separate table for each line. It's a
poor substitute but at least it works.

Marc