[cl-typesetting-devel] keep-with-next and preventing widows and orphans

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Mon Feb 16 20:15:54 UTC 2004

What's the best way to implement a keep-with-next style that ensures
that a given paragraph is not separated from the following paragraph.
For instance, I don't want a subheading to be the last thing on a
page--I'd rather it get moved to the next page so it is with the first
paragraph of the subsection.

On a related note, is there any way to prevent widows (the first line
of a multiline paragraph set as the last line of a page) and orphans
(the last line of a multiline paragraph set as the first line of a
page)?

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com