[cl-typesetting-devel] *print-base*

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld ffjeld at common-lisp.net
Thu Feb 5 00:42:45 UTC 2004

[I posted this first via nntp.common-lisp.net, but I remembered that
probably doesn't work.]

I just checked out cl-typesetting, and it does look quite
nice. However, at first it produced PDF-files unnacceptable to acrobat
or ghostview. After a while I remembered my previous attempt at
running cl-pdf and there being a problem with my having *print-base*
and *print-radix* not 10 and nil. So is the case with cl-typesetting,
apparently. Or it's still a cl-pdf problem. Anyway, while

CL-USER(249): (typeset::ex #p"ex.pdf")

doesn't work for me,

CL-USER(250): (let ((*print-radix* nil)
		    (*print-base* 10))
		  (typeset::ex #p"ex.pdf"))

does work. I'd suggest replacing some generic writes with (format
.. "~D" ..), or wrapping some strategic functions in
with-standard-io-syntax.

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld