[cl-typesetting-devel] CLISP support

Dmitri Ivanov divanov at aha.ru
Tue Apr 27 05:52:56 UTC 2004

Hello,

| So do I put your current patches or do you want to look at them again?
| BTW the multi-page table support has been written by Dmitri. Maybe we
| should put him in copy?

Klaus's rewrite of this method on v-split
    (defmethod v-split ((table multi-page-table)...)
looks quite improving. I have no possibility to test by myself now, but if
it reportedly works, I agree.

|> But I agree
|> with Klaus that ITERATE is a very nice package. I've been using it
|> from time to time for my own programs and would like to see it used
|> more often for Open Source stuff.
|
| Yes, I also like ITERATE this is why I proposed it to Klaus. If
| everybody is OK I will integrate it to cl-pdf/cl-typesetting. By using
| it we will avoid the problem of the fuzzy loop semantics on the
| anti-loop implementation.

I respect Klaus's goal of  platform independency, but could it be achieved
with less effort? After the great battle against LOOP, we all have found out
too many details about how to use it properly, to code cautiously, and to
conditionalize implementations differences. Do you suggest throwing out all
the knowledge?! I propose gather it into cl-typesetting-devel Style Guide
:-)

Increasing the total size of source code without real necessity is also not
good IMHO. Adding ITERATE would blow up the project, let alone rewriting.
Personally, I hate learning new things when the old work almost fine:-)
--
Sincerely,
Dmitri Ivanov