[cl-typesetting-devel] Final zlib fix, and CLISP support

Klaus Weidner kw at w-m-p.com
Sat Apr 24 21:03:48 UTC 2004

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 10:46:02PM +0200, Marc Battyani wrote:
> The problem here is with delivered images or executables.
> By putting a compile time conditionnal (a :uffi feature) in
> cl-typesetting.asd you will decide at compile time if you have or not zlib
> (and where it is). This will break if you tranfert the Lisp software to
> another PC and zlib is not at the same place. The way it is now is to be
> completely dynamic. A (load-zlib) at run time would load it if it finds it.

I can't follow you here - the :uffi feature declares if the foreign
function interface is available for this Lisp implementation or not. It
doesn't have anything to do with the existence or location of a zlib
library.

So if you compile on a system with UFFI support, the resulting delivered
image will include all the #+uffi code. It will locate and load zlib if
it can, or fall back to no compression if that fails.

Or am I completely misunderstanding something here?

-Klaus