dotted hfill (was: [cl-typesetting-devel] HTML rendering)

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 21 18:40:40 UTC 2004

Marc Battyani wrote:

> I wanted to use the cl-typesetting box model. I'ts more powerful (min, max,
> compression, expansion) than only percentage.

If you haven't done that already, you could take a look at CLIM's
layout protocol (including the space-requirement stuff, see chapter 29
of the CLIM 2 spec). It combines a box-like model (which I assume is
similar to yours, but I haven't had the time to take a serious look
at cl-typesetting) with the possibility to specify fixed widths or
percentages.

If you're interested, I have written an (untested) implementation of
(90 percent of) CLIM's layout protocol. So have the McClim guys, I
suppose, but I don't like their license.

(I hope this is relevant to the discussion, but I know almost nothing
about cl-typesetting so I may be barking up the wrong tree.)

Regards,

Arthur Lemmens