[cl-typesetting-devel] false alarm, debug *boxes* is the culprit (was: memory not getting released)

David J Cooper Jr david.cooper at genworks.com
Sat Apr 3 07:51:36 UTC 2004

Soon after I sent that last question the problem practically jumped
out of the screen and bit me on the nose.

And now that I think of it I remember Marc mentioning something about
this a while back.

The draw-block function in test.lisp pushes each box onto *boxes*
which is for debug purposes. Comment out that line and we no longer
have the strange growth of oldspace. Incidentally, is there a reason
the draw-block function is still in test.lisp and apparently not yet
the "real" version?

Thanks and sorry for the noise.

 -dave
David J Cooper Jr, Genworks International
david.cooper at genworks.com
+1 248-737-8835(o), +1 248-330-2979(c)