[cl-soap-devel] problem with CMUCL (redefining close)

Sven Van Caekenberghe scaekenberghe at common-lisp.net
Tue Sep 13 21:08:35 UTC 2005

On 13 Sep 2005, at 21:11, Carlos Ungil wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when loading src/http-client:
>
> CLOSE already names an ordinary function or a macro.
> If you want to replace it with a generic function, you should
> remove the existing definition beforehand.

Yes, officially, #'cl:close is a function, not a generic function.
In LispWorks, it *is* a generic function, with methods for various
usages.
That is why I tend to use it.

It is a continuable error in OpenMCL, isn't it ?

Maybe we could add some #+openmcl code to handle this case ?

BTW, I started adding some WSDL support, although it is far from
finished,
you might be interested.

> Regards,
>
> Carlos