[cl-quasi-quote-devel] Help Getting Started with Quasiquote

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon May 26 09:05:32 UTC 2008

> I am attempting to write a macro which implicitly backquotes its
> arguments. After asking around a bit, I was directed to cl-quasi-quote
> as a possible solution to my problem. I have installed cl-quasi-quote,
> but am having a little trouble figuring out how to use the library,
> since all the examples seem to involve transforming a Lisp to some
> other language, which isn't really what I want to do. So my question

currently our goal is to transform some other languages to lisp. more
precisely: to lisp forms that emit the other language when executed.
the languages we need now: xml, js, and sql (but cl-rdbms already has
a half-assed version, so it works for now)

> is, how would you use cl-quasi-quote to write just a basic macro
> wrapping an expression in a quasi-quote? (Its a trivial example, but
> if I can figure this one out I should be able to do what I want in my
> project.)

i'm not sure what you want, but maybe you should take a look at
alexandria:once-only or similar macros. posting an example would help,
too.

if you really need read-time stuff, then there's a lisp.lisp in cl-qq,
which is (or better, should be) a simple lisp quasi quote as specified
by the standard. but currently it's commented out because it's lagging
behind the rest of the lib. (and i think it really never worked...)

it will be revived eventually, but it's not priority for us, while we
have numerous other priorities, so... patches are welcome meanwhile!
:)

happy hacking,

--
 attila