[cl-prevalence-devel] A useful macro?

Anthony Fairchild fairchild.anthony at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 23:16:15 UTC 2011

Hi cl-prevalence devs,

I have been playing around a bit with cl-prevalence and found the following
macro useful:

(defmacro deftxn (name (system &rest args) &body body)
  (let ((tx-name (intern (format nil "TX-~A" NAME))))
    `(progn
       (defun ,tx-name (,system , at args)
         , at body)
       (defun ,name (,system , at args)
         (execute-transaction
          (,tx-name ,system , at args))))))

So my question is, is this pattern worth abstracting or is there a reason
to use the more explicit method of defining a tx-* function then calling
(execute (make-transaction ...)) or (execute-transaction ...).

Thanks!

Anthony