[cl-ppcre-devel] How to use it after installation?

Robert Uhl eadmund42 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 17:07:47 UTC 2011

徐迪 <xudifsd at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, there , excuse me for asking this stupid question, but I'm fresh
> to common-lisp.
> I knew from http://weitz.de/cl-ppcre/#install that debian can install
> cl-ppcre from native package, so I use "apt-get install cl-ppcre" to
> install, and there are no problem during installation, but i don't
> know how to use it at all, should i just require from REPL? But it get
> a error.

What error are you getting?

> Maybe i just don't know how to use library in lisp, and i'm using
> clisp.

Once you have a library installed, it should be this easy:

  cl-user> (require :cl-ppcre)

If that's generating an error, it's possible that the Debian package has
problems.  You could try using ASDF-INSTALL to install it:

  cl-user> (require :asdf-install)
  cl-user> (asdf-install:install :cl-ppcre)

Or you could try using Quicklisp:

  $ wget http://beta.quicklisp.org/quicklisp.lisp
  $ clisp
  cluser> (load "quicklisp.lisp")