[cl-ppcre-devel] I can't install CL-UNICODE

Desmond O. Chang dochang at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 15:18:46 UTC 2011

Hi Hiroshi,

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 19:44, Hiroshi Sakate
<sakate at sc.sys.es.osaka-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Dear Des and Edi
>
> Long time no see and thank you.
> I could solve the problem with ASDF2!
>
> And I am impressed that installing ASDF2 is very easy.
>
> After the problem occured.
> 1. Download asdf.lisp
> 2. Run sbcl and
> (load "/path/to/your/installed/asdf.lisp")
> (require :asdf)
> (require :asdf-install)
> (asdf-install:install :cl-ppcre)
> 3. quit and run again sbcl and
> (require :cl-ppcre)
> (require :cl-unicode)
>

> That's OK even if I didn't write anything on .sbclrc.
>
> But, if I want to write "load asdf.lisp" on .sbclrc,
> where should I allocate asdf.lisp?
> Now I allocated it at ~/.sbcl/site/asdf/asdf.lisp
> Is it natural?

I put "load" in ~/.config/common-lisp/config.lisp, then symlink
".sbclrc", ".ccl-init.lisp" and ".clisprc.lisp" to that file, so that
I can configure all implementations in one file.

You can put asdf.lisp anywhere you want, but the same directory is
better, you can load it like the following:

---------
(load (make-pathname :name "asdf" :type "lisp" :defaults *load-truename*))
---------

Since many implementations already have ASDF2 now, you can write like
this:

---------
(ignore-errors (require :asdf)) ; maybe faster

#-asdf2
(load asdf2...)
---------

ASDF2 supports several ways to loading itself.  You can choose the
best one for yourself.

Hope that helps.
Des