[cl-ppcre-devel] Detecting "partial" matches

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Apr 26 21:26:12 UTC 2006

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:46:35 -0500, Dan Debertin <airboss at nodewarrior.org> wrote:

> CL-PPCRE just tells me a), and I also want to know b). Is there any
> way to get this information (if it even exists) out of the scanner?

If I understand you correctly, this information isn't available.  The
regex engine doesn't make any plans about what might have happened if
it had scanned another target string instead of the current one, so to
say... :)

You might want to look at filters, though:

  <http://weitz.de/cl-ppcre/#filters>

But generally, your problem to me looks as if regular expressions
aren't the right way to tackle it.

Cheers,
Edi.