[cl-ppcre-devel] Buffered multi-line question

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Oct 13 23:05:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:35:41 +0200, Sébastien Saint-Sevin <seb-cl-mailist at matchix.com> wrote:

> As far as I understand it, (?s:(?=.{n})) will only garantee that at
> least n chars are remaining from match-start in the consumed
> string. This is not what I want. I want something that garantee that
> match-start will be before index n (meaning n'th char in consumed
> string), wether match-end is before or after this index n.

Well, you could compute n from what you know but that would imply
creating a new regular expression for each iteration which is probably
not what you want.

> Here is what I've got right now (it's ok for my needs actually).

I was actually thinking about a simpler version which was just a
zero-length thingy that you could insert anywhere in your code and
which would call a user-defined function. It'd be more efficient and I
think you could still achieve with it what you want.

I'll try to release something in the next days.

Cheers,
Edi.