[cl-pdf-devel] Default encoding for Ubuntu Linux

dbh at hodge.id.au dbh at hodge.id.au
Sun Jun 14 11:18:16 UTC 2009

Dear all,

I am trying to install cl-pdf and when I try to run any of the examples I get a message about an illegal UTF encoding, coming from Babel.

I presume that I have to set an encoding somewhere , but its not immediately obvious to me where I should do this - is this a process environment issue or a cl-pdf issue? Setting LC_CTYPE did not seem to help, but I'll confess I could have got that wrong and am doing a couple of more tests

Cheers