[cl-pdf-devel] SBCL and :pdf-binary

Michael Weber michaelw at foldr.org
Thu Feb 14 15:58:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

Some time ago, I ran into problem due to the way cl-pdf uses bivalent
streams.  Unfortunately, I did not keep notes at the time because I
was in a hurry to get something done.  However, the attached patch
made them go away then, and still appears to work now, with SBCL 1.0.14.

IIRC, SBCL throws errors in with-page/with-existing-page due to their
use of with-output-to-string, which cannot be convinced to be
bivalent.  I was using cl-pdf-parser (to graft content onto an
existing pdf file) at the time.  However, I think I remember that it
also happens with some of the examples shipped with cl-pdf.

Did somebody else observe something like that?  Otherwise, I might go
back and try to reproduce the exact error when I get some spare minutes.

I am using SBCL in an utf-8 locale, if that's relevant.

Cheers,
Michael