[cl-pdf-devel] latin-2 + sbcl + hungarian characters

Roland Lohner lohner.roland at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 11:01:47 UTC 2008

Dear Dmitriy, List,

what's the reason for char-external-code should remain an ordinary function?
It should behave differently in case of some encodings. This typically can
be mapped to a generic with different methods.

> The final question is whether this approach works for Latin-2 based
> languages other than Hungarian. Are you sure all they are mapping these
> Unicode characters similarly?

The problem described is generally the problem of the latin-2 encoding with
sbcl. It is independent of the language. The latin-2 character table
contains for example the character #\LATIN_SMALL_LETTER_O_WITH_DOUBLE_ACUTE
(ps: /ohungarumlaut, code: 245, "ő") independently of the language. Now in
cl-pdf with sbcl, this character is unaccessible. So these four characters
belong to the latin-2 encoding, though as far as I know only the Hungarian
language uses them.

Regards,
Roland Lohner