[cl-pdf-devel] Illegal values in text?

Tim Daly Jr. tim at tenkan.org
Fri Jan 20 15:18:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 03:36 +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> I tried reading a pdf in Adobe on Windows, and got 2 error dialogs.  One was
> for illegal 'm' in text section and then illegal 'Tj' outside text section.
> Or maybe the other way around, I forget.
>
> I need to have this work on Windows eventually.  Any idea what the problem
> might be?

Did you make the PDF with CL-PDF?  Perhaps you could share the code that
you used to make it?  At a guess, it sounds like you might have mixed up
your use of PDF:IN-TEXT-MODE.

FWIW, I doubt that the operating system is an important factor here.
Perhaps the reader you used on Windows is simply less tolerant of broken
files.

One nice tool for debugging PDF files is xpdf with the -cmd option.

--
-Tim