[cl-pdf-devel] Added unicode-readme.txt and an example

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 20:37:31 UTC 2005

Hi,

I check out your new code, applied my sb-unicode/use-uffi-zlib related patches,
and everything seems to work.

I think the following needs some resolution, too:

1. I am not sure whether the generated PDF is correct if a TTF file argument is
not provided to load-ttu-font. First, I don't think a file reference is
generated in that case, and second, PDF Reference 1.6 mentions some cases when
a font must be embedded (after around page 400; in particular, 416).

2. I didn't know the official ttf2pt1 could be used; it seemed to me that
ttf2ufm was an extension of it (at least, that's what I read...). I used my
previously generated fonts and did not try ttf2pt1.

Alex