[cl-pdf-devel] Fonts?

Carlos Ungil ungil at mac.com
Fri May 27 22:40:09 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm not an expert,  but I'll tell you what I did to have GillSans in
cl-typesetting.

I use MacOS X and I had the following in my system:
/Library/Fonts/GillSans.dfont

cl-pdf needs afm and pfb files  (see cl-pdf/t1-font.lisp). The second
file is optional
but I don't know what's the difference it makes, so I included it as
well just in case.

I used http://fontforge.sourceforge.net to convert the font definition:
open the dfont file (and select one of the styles available)
execute File/Generate Fonts...
this generates the pfb and afm files
(the option "output afm" was enabled by default)

To use the :font "GillSans" just load it before:
(pdf:load-t1-font  #P"/tmp/GillSans.afm"  #P"/tmp/GillSans.pfb")

I hope this helps,

Carlos