[cl-pdf-devel] cl-pdf with salza

Dmitriy Ivanov divanov at aha.ru
Sat Apr 9 14:47:25 UTC 2005

Hello Marc,

| "Dmitriy Ivanov" <divanov at aha.ru> wrote:
| On my tests, it's a little bit faster than zlib through FLI on LWW. The
| major point is that there is no allocation of huge buffers so it's more
| memory efficient. The 100kb of fasl is impressive but for instance
| octet-replace is only 157 bytes even if the fasl is 4kb!
|
|> BTW, octet-replace does just the same thing as
|> fli:replace-foreign-array.
|
| octet-replace works on lisp data, not on foreign one ?
| Patches to improve salza's speed (and cl-pdf's ;-) are welcomed.

I see. Moreover, octet-replace does the same thing as replace, but more
efficiently :-)

To optimize on LW, put
    (optimize #+lispworks (hcl:fixnum-safety 0))
and you get 118 bytes.

The type sys:int32 corresponds (singned-byte 32), which IMHO less convenient
then (unsingned-byte 32). For example, MD5 widely uses modulo-2^32 addition.
In what way sys:int32 can help to implement this?
--
Sincerely,
Dmitriy Ivanov