[cl-pdf-devel] Small Windows patch

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Nov 29 22:43:29 UTC 2004

Hi!

Attached is a tiny patch to make CL-PDF easier to use on Windows. The
zlib library will be searched in the CL-PDF directory itself as well
as (in the case of LispWorks) the library where the image was
started. Also, the name "zlib1" is tried in addition to "libz" because
that's how the binary DLL provided by the GnuWin32 project is
called. Works for me with LW 4.3.7.

BTW, has anyone used CL-PDF with AllegroCL on Windows? For me (6.2
trial) it only works if I disable compression by setting
*MIN-SIZE-FOR-COMPRESSION* to a very high value. Otherwise, Acrobat
Reader (6.0.2) can't read the files. There seems to be an issue with
external formats but I don't have the time to investigate this.

Cheers,
Edi.