[cl-pdf-devel] National language support and other proposals

Dmitri Ivanov divanov at aha.ru
Mon Feb 9 09:47:54 UTC 2004

Hello,

Here is another milestone on my way to the subject.

IMHO we should replace all calls of (concatenate 'string ...) by
(string-append ...) in all code places where arguments may contain non-base
characters. On LW, this is trivially matches lw:string-append, which
constructs a string of the same type as the argument with the largest
element type:
(defmacro string-append (&rest args)
  #+lispworks `(lw:string-append , at args)
  #-lispworks `(concatenate 'string , at args))

Other improvements deal with PDF null object and decoding RGBs uniformly -
see the attachment.
--
Sincerely,
Dmitri Ivanov