[cl-pdf-devel] National language support and other proposals

Dmitri Ivanov divanov at aha.ru
Fri Feb 6 15:10:15 UTC 2004

Hello Marc,

| "Dmitri Ivanov" <divanov at aha.ru> writes:
|> Hello,
|...snip...|
|> (defun load-t1-font (afm-file &optional pfb-file) ...)
|
| ok, but the italic-correction must be a number. (0 if no bbox)
| And if there is no bbox, I don't see how you can use the font. Or it's
| a fixed size font, in that case the bbox should be the one defined for
| the font.

Could we derive the bbox of a char from its width and the font bbox?

|> The value of *win-1251-encoding*, an instance of the custom-encoding
|> class, was generated in that manner in accordance with Adobe's glyph
|> list.
|
| ok

I guess, a separate subdirectory named "lang" or "locale" would be a good
place for NLS code.

|> For flexibility, compute-encoding-differences could be redefined as
| follows
|> (defun compute-encoding-differences
|>       (encoding &optional (from *standard-encoding*))
|
| ok, have you verified that this does not yield to problems with
| standard fonts ?
| IIRC there was a problem with the encoding differences this is why I
| ended up with the whole encoding.

No, I haven't verified standard fonts with non-standard encodings because
standard fonts have nothing to do with Russian.

|> For dictionary property names, I would recommend using symbols like
| >> /Length| or keywords with corresponding string set as properties,
| >> e.g.: (setf (get :length 'pdf:namestring) "/Length")

Sorry, I meant to say |Length| or
    (setf (get :length 'pdf:namestring) "Length")
- without a leading slash.

| ... But there are a lot of more important points to improve
| from a performance point of view. (I have some ideas if you want... ;-)

Not so fast, please :-)
--
Sincerely,
Dmitri Ivanov