[cl-pdf-devel] Embedding several PDF files in one document

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 23 08:59:08 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have no experience with CL-PDF yet, and I've only just
started reading the PDF standard.

I've written a simple web site that lets users registrate
for a conference. Users can submit abstracts and papers
in PDF-format. My client wants to automatically generate
an abstract book that contains all the submitted abstracts
and starts with some kind of contents overview with the names
of the authors, titles of the abstracts, etc.

This means I would have to somehow embed all the submitted
PDF-documents and generate a new document. I've been browsing
through the standard, but I don't think it explicitly mentions
embedding other PDF files. I suppose it should be possible, using
constructs like File Attachment annotations (6.6.14), Destinations
(7.3) and File Specifications (7.4.2), but I don't see the big
picture yet.

I would appreciate some hints to get me started. Do you think
it is possible at all? Is it possible with the current version
of CL-PDF, or should I write some extensions? (I'll contribute
any CL-PDF extensions that I may need to write, of course.) Should
I be looking at File Attachments and File Specifications, or is
there something else I'm missing?

Thanks a lot,

Arthur Lemmens