[cl-pdf-devel] CMUCL compatibility fixes and new colorhandlingcode

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Apr 13 20:23:18 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:24:01 +0200, "Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> wrote:

> IMO, it's more a problem of open source v.s. commercial software.
> (documentation and support)

Marc, you must be kidding. Or you've talked too much to Kent Pitman
lately... :)

I'm a paying customer of Xanalys as well as Corman but I can't really
say that their support and documentation are siginificantly better
than those of, say, CMUCL or CLISP.

The LispWorks documentation is incomplete and poorly organized. Also,
there's a good chance that if you find a bug or an omission they won't
fix it unless you pay for it. Corman... well, don't get me started.

The only commercial Lisp company with superior support and docs seems
to be Franz - you get what you pay for...

Note that I'm not dissing LispWorks or Corman Lisp here. These are
both fine products and I don't regret that I bought them. I just
wanted to put things into perspective.

Cheers,
Edi.