[cl-pdf-devel] CMUCL compatibility fixes and new color handlingcode

Stephan Frank crimsonf at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 13 13:13:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Marc Battyani wrote:

> "Klaus Weidner" klaus at atsec.com writes:
>
> > Oops, forgot to explain one part of the patch. CMUCL doesn't like the
> > :element-type specification for with-output-to-string, and according to
> > the standard that indeed doesn't seem to be permitted.
>
> >From the hyperspec :
>
> Macro WITH-OUTPUT-TO-STRING
> Syntax:
> with-output-to-string (var &optional string-form &key element-type)
> declaration* form*
> => result*
> Arguments and Values:
> var---a variable name.
> string-form---a form or nil; if non-nil, evaluated to produce string.
> string---a string that has a fill pointer.
> element-type---a type specifier; evaluated. The default is character.
>
> So it looks like it's a CMUCL problem here. If you are using using the
> latest version, I will put a few  #-cmucl for this. (If a cmucl feature
> exists)

Hallo,

current CMUCL snapshots should have no problem with this. from cvs log:

revision 1.96
date: 2003/07/17 17:48:32;  author: gerd;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -2
        * src/code/macros.lisp (with-output-to-string): Add and
        ignore element-type.

So Klaus is probably using the latest official release (18e) which does
not incorporate this fix yet.

Kind regards,
Stephan