[cl-l10n-devel] Possible new dependencies

sean at guruhut.com sean at guruhut.com
Wed Jun 7 10:16:17 UTC 2006

> hi!
>
> what do you people think about new dependencies? what i'm missing from
> cl-l10n is a good utils lib and iterate.
>
> iterate is a de facto standard now, i don't think it would be a big
> problem depending on it. but it's only moderately missing... we can
> live with loop altough i wouldn't be happy to resort to it.

I'm also a big fan of iterate but like you say, leaving it out
is not such a huge loss.

> 2) create a cl-i18n system in cl-l10n.asd that does depend on arnesi,
> but is optional to the base cl-l10n functionality.

My feelings are that if a library is asdf-installable then it should
be fine to include as a dependency. I don't mind if cl-l10n takes an
extra 2 secs to load if it makes the code base cleaner.

No. 2 is the best trade off between outright dependency and
copying stuff in, although the extra features, and how to get them
into your image, would have to be loudly documented.

I think if no-one complains about cl-l10n depending on arnesi
(let's give it a day or 3) then we create the arnesi dependency.

As for split-sequence, well cl-l10n currently needs cl-ppcre which
IMO has superseded split-sequence.

Cheers,
 Sean.