[cl-l10n-devel] implicit dispatch on locale

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 20:40:24 UTC 2006

hi!

we are working on a modelling framework and the web based gui needs
localization. thus we started using cl-l10n and also extended it in
several ways. we have a cool resource bundle implementation instead of
the i18n.lisp stuff.

with this you can even have functions in resources that implicitly
dispatch on the current locale... with locale fallbacks, and other
goodies.

(defresources en
  (unreachable-property "<not available>") ; constants
  (indefinit-article-for (str) ; and functions
                         ;; TODO a/an
                         "a"))

(defresources en-gb
  ; some overrides...
  )

i'd be more then happy to merge these changes back into the head.

i also propose to switch over to darcs from cvs to simplify life. if
people agree i voulenteer to do the migration. i already have a cl.net
account (alendvai) due to helping in iterate.

- attila

(alias 101 on irc &no 'its not lisp code :)