[cl-json-devel] Not interning object keys

Boris Smilga boris.smilga at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 22:20:10 UTC 2009

Just a minor cavil: does not *STRING-TO-KEY* (or maybe *IDENTIFIER-
NAME-TO-KEY*) seem like a better name for this variable?

Rationale: I would say that the -JSON- and -LISP- parts of the
original *JSON-SYMBOLIZE-LISP-KEY* are not in place here because,
unlike *JSON-IDENTIFIER-NAME-TO-LISP*, the function does not
translate between JSON and Lisp conventions.  Further, -SYMBOLIZE- is
a very imperative form, and imperatives should, in my humble opinion,
be limited to functions with side effects.

What do you think?

  - B. Sm.