[cl-json-devel] Question about NIL translation

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Dec 31 22:17:08 UTC 2009

Continuing to work on my CL-JSON based JSON-RPC server, I am concerned
about the fact that we translate NIL -> null.

If a CL function returns NIL, and the return value is simply encoded
into the JSON return package, then we get a message that /should/
indicate an error, according to the JSON-RPC server.

In fact, if our CL function is invoked by JSON-RPC, then we really
should have NIL either encoded as [] or as false, but /never/ as null.

Any ideas about how we should modify invoke-rpc-parsed to fix this?

What is the right way to tell CL-JSON to encode a false?

Thanks,