[cl-json-devel] cl-json 0.4

Boris Smilga boris.smilga at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 16:55:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Henrik Hjelte <henrik at evahjelte.com> wrote:

> One thing you might want to know before upgrading, when comparing the
> performance testcases the new version seems a bit slower on my sbcl
> (see below).

To be sure, that's 200% deceleration, and it stays that way if the
COUNT in the test is increased 10, 100, etc. times.  “A bit” seems
like an understatement here.  I'm afraid that's the price we pay for
dynamic customization, as most of the accrued run time is used up
(prima facie) by the handler invocation machinery—which is there for
every little char!  Methinks there is an evident way to optimize this,
and I'm going to try it out (tomorrow if I have time).
̈́
- B. Sm.