[cl-json-devel] usage of cl-json

srinivasa reddy kadem srinu.kadem at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 10:00:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 2:04 PM, srinivasa reddy kadem
<srinu.kadem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Already we are using cl-json in our product development, I'm not sure
which
> version we are using now. But it is belongs to old source code(I think it
is
> downloaded very long back).

Actually, not very much has changed since the first version.

 I compared our existing json code with latest json (cl-json_0.3.1). I'm not
found any major differences. For me it seems to be fine to use older version
of cl-json.

> Our team did some customization in the source code which meet our
> requirements. I want to update this into newer versions.

Darcs is great if you want to move patches between versions.

I get curious, isn't this something you want to share with us? I am
interested,
what are the cusomizations, is it related to the current discussion
on a new interface?

 Once Darcs is stable or I'm comport and able to integrate this to our
application, we'll start to embed Darcs.

Our changes are not related to current discussions on a new interface. We
customized some functions which will best suite our application. Even these
changes are very minimal.

> Please let me know how to use it

See the testcases for examples

 Right now I'm going through the test cases and sample examples provided
along with the software. example test cases and others are simply superb and
very useful.

and where I can download latest version of
> cl-json.In what way it should be embedded it into our application.

That information is on the project site,
http://common-lisp.net/projects/cl-json

Is it unclear?
There are a few releases, and a darcs repo. The darcs repo contains newer
things, it is usually very stable but you never know. The last days I
added some new patches, and we will add new patches the coming months,
see the discussion on this mailing list about an new interface which means
you
will be able to control how cl-json maps to lisp in more detail. This
might make the
darcs repo a bit more unstable for a while.

> Let me know you need any further clarification.

And vice versa.

 How can I participate in the development of Darcs and where to download it.

/Henrik