[cl-gd-devel] CL-GD on 64-bit Lisp problem

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey at jkcunningham.com
Thu Sep 8 16:05:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've been using CL-GD on 32-bit systems for years without difficulties.
Now I'm trying to set a Lisp environment up on a fresh 64-bit Debian
machine and I can't get CL-GD to work. When I try to load it I get this
error:

Error opening shared object
"/home/jcunningham/src/lisp/cl-gd-0.5.7/cl-gd-glue.so":
/home/jcunningham/src/lisp/cl-gd-0.5.7/cl-gd-glue.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64..

I remember their being an issue with CL-GD on 64-bit machines a couple
years ago that involved having to use CFFI-UFFI-COMPAT instead of CFFI. I
also vaguely remember that there was a problem at the time trying to have
both CFFI and UFFI working, as the former used the same asd file name as
the latter or something like that. Quite a number of other libraries I use
depend on CFFI so I don't want to do anything that would break it. But I
also need to get CL-GD working again if this machine is to be useful.

My gd lib is 64-bit - actually, everything I can think of is 64-bit. Is
this still an issue? Is anyone using CL-GD on a 64-bit machine?

If so, mind sharing what it takes to get it working?

Much obliged.

--Jeff Cunningham