[cl-gd-devel] CL-GD and LispWorks 5.1: Loading images with extended characters in their pathnames?

Chris Perkins cperkins at medialab.com
Fri Sep 17 20:51:05 UTC 2010

Hello,

If I have a pathnamewith extended characters in its namestring (like
curly quotes, etc), how do I get that image to load with CL-GD?

Maybe I have to go diving into UFFI or the sources for GD itself, but I
thought I'd ask here first, since it seems like this has probably come
up already.

Thanks for any assistance,

Chris

Example:  f => #P"/Users/cperkins/Pictures/image file names
testing/Earth “fatter” copy.gif"

(cl-gd:create-image-from-file f)

Error: External format (:LATIN-1 :EOL-STYLE :LF) got error writing
#<Pointer to type (:UNSIGNED :CHAR) = #x0102B008> at position 55: No
encoding exists for character “.
  1 (abort) Return to level 0.
  2 Return to top loop level 0.