[cl-gd-devel] cl-gd on 64 bit Lisp with do-pixel

Hans Hübner hans at huebner.org
Mon Feb 11 12:09:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to use cl-gd on a 64 bit platform and I have a problem with
DO-PIXELS applied to a truecolor image:

(with-image-from-file (image "/home/hans/affe.jpg")
  (do-pixels (image)
    (format t "~A~%" (raw-pixel))))

fails with a memory access violation error, both on openmcl and on
sbcl on FreeBSD/amd64.  Do others see this, too, on 64 bit Lisps?  I
want to rule out that it is a problem with gd on FreeBSD or the fact
that I am using CFFI-UFFI-COMPAT.

I have only quickly looked at cl-gd/misc.lisp and I saw that it uses
:int as type specifier where I think a more specific data type like
uint32 or some such would have been required.  But it could all be me.

So, does anyone here run cl-gd on a 64 bit Lisp?

Thanks,
Hans