[cl-emb-devel] Integrating with Apache and Hunchentoot

Stefan Scholl sscholl at common-lisp.net
Mon Apr 16 09:29:02 UTC 2007

Hi!

On 2007-04-14 15:35:44, Andrei Stebakov wrote:
> I am wondering how the cl-emb can be integrated with static html pages
> generated by Apache or dynamic generated with Hunchentoot?
> Does it work in the same way as embedded PHP? How the page with cl-emb gets
> generated with Apache?

CL-EMB "just" transforms text.

        template + some data = new text

It can be used stand-alone, without any relation to the web. In
order to get CL-EMB's output to the browser, you need to call it
from within your favorite web framework/tool and feed the results
the way (stream, string) it's needed.

CL-EMB isn't PHP. You could compare it to one aspect of PHP:
templating and embedding code into text files.

CLHP <http://common-lisp.net/project/clhp/> wants to be more like
PHP. But the project seems to be a bit more quiet than CL-EMB.

If you like Hunchentoot you could modify the test code and
replace CL-WHO with CL-EMB, just to get a feel how to work this
way.

There's some code in CL-WIKI that uses CL-EMB, too. But I don't
know if it's working with Hunchentoot.

Regards,
Stefan