[cffi-devel] problem with include-path in cffi-grovel on windows

Karl Heinrichmeyer karl at gudrun-heinrichmeyer.de
Sat May 19 10:49:02 UTC 2012

Hello Luís,

Am 16.05.2012 01:37, schrieb Luís Oliveira:
> Hello Karl,
>
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Karl Heinrichmeyer
> <karl at gudrun-heinrichmeyer.de>  wrote:
>> I reported a bug and attached a patch to it. The patch is using a small lib
>> i wrote to solve; I couldn't find an easy way to do it with ANSI CL (this
>> may be my fault). The patch seem to solve the problem (windows7-64 and
>> ccl-1.8), but I couldn't test it to a great extend. This is because I found
>> the but by trying to use osicat which now seems to be broken with the latest
>> git version. Is there any package that uses the groveler and should work on
>> windows so that I can test the fix?
> Thanks for the bug report. I agree with Greg that simply using plain
> make-pathname thus not adding an extra dependency would be better. Can
> you rewrite the patch taking that into consideration?
I wrote a new patch that uses only make-pathname and attached it to the
bug report. It seems to fix the problem with the pathnames when trying
to load osicat (although the loading still fails later on  ...) .
> Re: osicat being broken, could you report that to the osicat mailing list?

I'll also write a report to the osicat mailing list as soon as i find
the time to investigate the problem on windows a little further (I kind
of gave up on development on Windows in the meantime :) )

> Re: testing cffi-grovel on window, Osicat is probably your best bet.
> If that fails, writing a simple test and adding to cffi-tests would be
> nice.
>
> Finally, your library does seem useful. Perhaps it could be integrated
> into CL-FAD and/or Osicat?
It would be great if my library could be integrated in one of those,
preferably cl-fad.  I read that you maintain a darcs repository for it?
Or should I ask Edi Weitz to include it?
> Cheers,

Best regards,

Karl