[cffi-devel] [cl-test-grid] Re: how to treat expected failures in tests

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 14 01:07:49 UTC 2012

14.03.2012, 04:29, "Luís Oliveira" <luismbo at gmail.com>:

>>  I think it's OK to ask user to compile the library manually.
>
> Sure, but it's not suitable for a buildbot or something along those
> lines. I assume that at some point test results for cl-test-grid will
> be provided by automated runs?

In ideal world build bot will work fully automatically. But if some library
test suite is not fully automated. I though about approach, when
by default, the contributor makes zero effort - runs a simple command.

But if he is willing to help more, we may inform him what manual preparations
are possible to test more libraries. In the default mode these not-automated
libraries just have status :no-resource.

Probably the extreme example of a library which can not be fully automated,
is cl-sql. It's test sute needs running SQL servers (for all the backends - postgre,
oracle, ect).

> I've registered this issue in the bug tracker...

I can't find it on launchpad...

Idea - maybe just commiting precompiled .dll binary would be a solution?