[cffi-devel] [cffi] FSBV (#2)

Ryan Pavlik rpavlik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:58:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 06:34, Martin Simmons <martin at lispworks.com> wrote:
> To answer Ryan's point, I think there should be a different function to get a
> pointer to an element of an array, called something like mem-aptr.  It should
> work for all element types, not just aggregates.
>
> That allows mem-aref to have "value" semantics for all types.  For aggregates,
> converting to a plist is one possible way to representing it.

This is actually what I'm doing as an interim workaround.  If this was
official functionality it would be great.  I've been assuming that it
was more desirable to have this represented notationally.

For backward compatibility it might be nice for the deprecated
(bareword) behavior to retain the old semantics, though.

(Default representation for dereferenced aggregates doesn't matter to
me, just that you currently must.)

--
Ryan Pavlik <rpavlik at gmail.com>
425.220.9585